Wednesday 25 January 2017

The 52 Week Challenge for Php 20.00

Saving is always a challenge for me given the situation that I am in at the moment. Sabi ko sa sarili ko I need something new that can motivate me. Ang hirap kasi talaga ang mag-save sa gitna ng gabundok na expenses like meralco, water bills, allowances ng mga students, rents, etc etc. May mai-se-save ka nga pero ewan ko ba everytime na ganun e merong dumarating na kailang paggagastusan. So I started reading, asking ideas and styles ng ibang kakilala ko on how to make it possible in a way na di masyadong nako compromise ang budget. 

One day, while I was browsing the net, I saw this Peso Challenge thing. Merong denomination from 5, 10, 20, 50, 100. It is your choice what will be your base amount. Let us say Php5.00. In one year, we have 52 weeks so for the Week 1, you will save Php5.00. then in Week 2, you have to double it, so it makes Php 10. You saved Php15.00 in total for 2 weeks! Not bad right? Di masyadong mabigat sa bulsa..So the process will go until you reached the Week 52 or end of the year. Your savings will up until Php 6,890.00!!  and you just started it with only Php 5.00.. How great is that?

So I decided to try the Php 20.

52 week challenge for Php 20.00
I printed this out then posted it sa wall in my office so I can see it everyday to remind me na, uy! may challenge ka ha? And then para iwas tukso na magamit ung naipon, I made a box and envelopes. Every envelope has its Week # and dates and the amount. The money is sealed in that envelope then I dropped it there. See photo below.
So there, my dropbox now is sitting somewhere safe and come Week 52, harvesting time na 😎 I actually shared this sa mga officemates ko ang now they are doing the same. So abangan natin sa end of this year. Okay?



No comments:

Post a Comment