Monday 3 April 2017

Farron Cafe is taking PWD's as Employees.

Last March 29, 2017, I had a chance to meet one amazing person who made me realized that there is more to life than being absurd, melo-dramatic, pathetic and so on... We, people tend to always do that. Endless complains that led to more complex things and not-so-positive results and often times, create conflicts.

So, here's the story. After we have attended Hans and Angel's moving up ceremony in Alonte Sports Arena in Binan City, we decided to have our late lunch at Giligan's in SM Sta. Rosa.

And after that, umakyat kami sa 2nd floor where the Quantum is located para makapaglaro ang mga kids as promised. While waiting for them, me and mama decided to buy drinks and I saw this coffee stand.


I am a coffee drinker but I prefer mine hot. But this time, I was just intrigued and wanted to try this one. After choosing flavors, I asked the crew, the guy in white if what is their best seller. I often do that specially if it is my first time. But I failed to receive an audible response, instead he just waved his hand and pointed his ears and mouth. That was the time I realized that I am dealing with a deaf -mute attendant.


Okay, so then and there I used my basic sign language. Pointed there and here. Noiselessly, he prepared our orders. I had hazel nut and mama got cappuccino. The taste was surprisingly great! 

But my curiosity did not subside then. Since he was just alone, I kept on thinking how he's doing it. I just saw mobile phones and I assume that, this is how he communicate with whoever is in-charge. But hey, how about the other things like, emergency cases? And then, there came a lady wearing their uniform. That answered my questions.


His name is Renel Ginon from San Pedro, Laguna, PWD. He just started training last March 14, 2017 and doing pretty well. I forgot to ask the name of the young lady, sorry! I also learned that Farron Cafe is accepting PWD to be part of the team. I was just overwhelmed because not every company do that. PWD's often the victims of discrimination. Luckily, there's one of those companies like Farron Cafe who treats them as equal.



The cafe has a lot of branches nationwide mostly in SM Supermalls. And now I came to understand why FARRON CAFE IS NOT JUST YOUR ORDINARY COFFEE SHOP. IT IS "BORNE OUT OF LOVE". 

Well done Farron Cafe! Kudos to you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, may I know if may alam pa kayong branches ni Farron na may PWD Employees?

    ReplyDelete