Thursday 6 July 2017

DEAR HANS, PLEASE DON'T GROW TOO FAST!

 I used to hear or read statement like this when I was still single and young. Things like "How time flies", "Why so fast, anak?". And hindi ako maka-relate. Why would they say things like that? Isn't it great na mabilis lumaki ang mga anak nila? Until, I have my own...

When Hans was born, everything has changed. As in lahat! Yung views ko sa buhay, my decisions and priorities. Lahat yun, nagbago because of the little bundle of joy I was holding at that magical moment. Para bang, I do not care about anything, as long as safe ang anak ko. That's the only thing that matters to me that time.

One of my favorite photos ni Hans.
 The above picture was taken I think mga 6 months yata sya or younger. Pinaka favorite ko yan sa lahat ng pictures nya because it can speak thousand of words kumbaga.

1st Birthday :)
And then came his first birthday. He did not start walking by then. But he never crawl as well. He used his bottom to move around, paupo at pausad. Kakaiba nga eh.

2nd Birthday
 He started walking by his own nung 1 year and 5 months na sya. Mas nauna syang magsalita at kumanta. See how he holds the mic? He lost so much weight because he became sickly. That was the worst part of me being a mom watching him on the hospital bed na namamaga na ang mga kamay at paa sa dextrose.
3rd Birthday
He developed a lot of skills and interests. He already knew what he wants and loves to do. Number 1 na ang minions. He was crazy about it before. Except of course kay Jollibee.

Playschool times
4th Birthday at Day Care Center

At the age of 3 and a half, we enrolled him sa The Mind Planet. It is a playschool for early learning and basic education for toddlers. But, he had a hard time kasi ayaw nya magpaiwan. Grabe yung sepanx nya so we did not continue. But then, I don't want him to be left behind so pinasalimpusa ko sya sa day care center dito sa baranggay, and I saw how he enjoyed being there.

Recognition Day
We started to condition his mind so we can prepare him sa big school nya this year. Slowly, he started to understand na he is already big now and he has to be on his own. But of course, the hesitation and concern e nandoo pa rin. Maraming what if's. What if, ayaw nya sa school na pinili namin for him? What if di nya magustuhan ang school kasi iba na ang environment?


Wearing his new uniform.
On his first day, of course I have to be there. I saw how excited he was, so sabi ko, great! Pero nung second and third day na, hala..crying galore na ang bata. So, I have to do something.

I asked him, "Do you like school?" Yes, mommy. "Happy ka ba sa school?" Opo, mommy. "May nambu-bully ba sayo sa school? You can tell mommy if meron." Wala po, mommy. " Mabait ba si Teacher?". Yes, mommy.

So, okay naman pala ang lahat. Ang gusto nya lang daw e samahan sya ni mama (lola ) hanggang door ng room. I explained him why it is not a good idea. Hans is the type of kid na mabilis makaintindi basta you have to explain it to him. You have to tell him all. Just don't sugarcoat because he will going to use it against you at some point. Believe me, laging victim ang Daddy nyan. Sa aming dalawa, mas sya ang nagsu-sugarcoat sa anak.

And also, we did an agreement. Once na iiyak na naman sya zero gadget sya the whole day. Makakahawak lang sya the next day if no crying time na. So, pagdating na pagdating nyan, aakyat yan sa home office ko just to report his activities sa school kasama na doon kung ilang stars ang nakuha at kung umiyak nga. I always tell him, NO LIES. He has to tell me the truth at all times.

Day by day, I can see the improvement and I cannot complain anymore. I think I am on the right track. But seeing him grow everyday, my goodness! I just cannot believe na ang laki laki na nya. It is as if it was only yesterday that I gave birth to this little cutie standing before me. 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment